Friday, April 8, 2011

humbled.

Ouch.

Asking God to humble you is a stupid thing to do.  It sucks.  I know that it will get better and that in the end, it will be so amazing, but right now it sucks.

What a reminder that our plans fail.  ALWAYS.
Thankfully, His don't.  EVER.  Daddy God, thanks for loving me and picking up the pieces.  Thanks for taking my yucky plans making them perfect.  But, I'll be honest.  If you could make this whole "humbling" process a bit less...well, humbling, that'd be nice.  If only I could just be humble without going through this.  That'd be great.  But then I wouldn't really be humble would I?

Hmmm.  I guess He really does know what's best.  Even when I hate the process and think it sucks.  Hopefully an update about how great the humbling process is later on will come...but, maybe that won't be discovered until Heaven.  who knows.

Proverbs 19:21

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, asking God to humble you is a prayer He definitely will answer. I've learned that it really isn't necessary to ask Him to do that, though. It just seems to happen naturally, at least with me! :-/
    Love you, Katy.

    ReplyDelete