Thursday, March 3, 2011

feed My sheep



Tonight, Invisible Children came.  Big "WOOHOOOOO!" to that.  I really needed that reminder that what I'm fighting for and praying for is so incredibly real.  and still such a problem.  But, that's not what I want to talk about....it's just a tiny little bit.

Today, O-Cham (one of my great nicknames for Oswald Chambers, author of My Utmost for His Highest) talked about how Jesus calls us to "Feed My sheep." (John 21:17)  This really was something I needed to be reminded of right now.  In a very uncharacteristically Katy-way, I'm going to actually share with you guys part of what I wrote in my prayer journal today.  Normally, that is something that is really personal and completely between just me and God.  But, it will really show you my heart and what's on my mind right now.  So, here goes nothing.

"I just read what O-Cham had to say for today.  "Feed My sheep."  Not "Talk about how much you love Me."  Not "Talk about the great things you've been learning."  No.  "Feed My sheep."  Lord, give me a heart that longs to feed Your sheep!  Break my heart.  Break it so much that I act.  I don't want to just talk and feel.  I want ACTION.  I want to feed Your sheep.  Help me not only love, but also act on that love and feed them.  Show me how.  Reveal Your plan to me.  Show me what You want me to do.  In the BIG.  In the seemingly small.  Lead me.  And help me draw them closer to You."

This is my heart's cry right now.  I want to feed His sheep.  Not for my glory.  Not so that I can tell all of you and everyone else what a great person I am because I've done all of these wonderful things.  No.  I want to feed His sheep so that He will be glorified.  Now, if only I can learn to trust God so much that I actually do this.  If only I can learn to follow God completely so that this can stop being the cry of my heart and become my everyday life...

No comments:

Post a Comment