Thursday, October 20, 2011

Freed Bird Song

So, Jesus and I kind sorta just wrote a song together as I was praying and trying to go to sleep.  Weird.  for me, anyways.

Here are the lyrics at the moment.  *insert CLAM TIME* [also known as SUPER vulnerability]

p.s. I think the caged bird thingy came from being in the duplex right now...where Courtney and Teresa were always talking of such things :)  ...and definitely feeling this way right now.


Caged bird sing;
Oooh your caged bird song.
Let love flow beneath your wings.
Caged bird fly;
Oooh caged bird fly.
Your heart was made to glide.


Little birdy rest in my arms
Little birdy make Me your home.
I made you.  I love you. 
I sought you.  I paid for you. 
I call you my own.  I never let you go.

So little birdy come to me.  Come to my arms
Little birdy sing your song.
It was made to be shared. 
This life that you're leading now,
I have a better plan.
So come and follow me today,
It's time now to go.

Little birdy don't be scared.
Get out of that cage.
Come along, your wings aren't clipped.
It's time to go higher than you ever imagined.
It's time to go farther than you thought could be.
Let My love carry you there
Let My heart set you free.

Freed bird sing.
Oooh your freed bird song.
Freed bird fly.
Your heart was made to glide.

No comments:

Post a Comment