Friday, December 31, 2010

the first one.

I'm new at this whole blogging thing.  I didn't want to get one for a while.  I thought "Man, how egotistical is that?  To think that someone would want to read my random thoughts and ramblings?  I don't want to be that selfish."  But, it's not really always being egotistical.  In fact, as I've read many of my dear friends' blogs and the blogs of people I didn't even know very well, I realized that when it's about God it is exactly the opposite of that.

So, I've decided to do this for a few reasons.

1. I love writing.  I used to do it all the time.  I still keep a prayer journal.  For some reason, get my thoughts out on paper (or on a screen) is really helpful for me.

2. I like being open and honest.  I love having deep conversations with people.  This is kind of a way to get that deepness when I can't have a conversation with someone because it's 4 in the morning and no one wants to hear me talk for hours.

3. I love Jesus.  This is by far the most important aspect.  God has been teaching me so much the last couple years, especially the last twelve months.  It's crazy how much deeper my relationship with Him has become.  crazy and AWESOME.  I don't think for a second that the things that I have to say could possibly lead people closer to Christ.  In fact, my personal thoughts would often lead people farther away from Him.  But, when God is teaching me something, I've noticed that He usually has someone else He wants to teach it to, as well.  I guess this is a way to let that teaching spread even further (farther?  I never remember which one to use) than I could possibly imagine.

So, with that said.  I guess it's time to talk, eh?  I think I'll make it another post.  This can just be the "why I decided to join this ridiculous fad" post.

P.S.  I hate spellcheck.  and at times I love grammar and punctuation.  I even freak out over it.  But other times, I don't care.  When there's terrible grammar and the punctuation is horrendous, you know that you have entered into the crazy world you can call Katy's real thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment